Popular Posts

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Nuts and Ginger.

On Sunday, we called into Yandina to go to the ginger, and nut factories. We all lined up for a ginger ice cream. Don't usually have much ice cream. But I love to have one when I go to the ginger factory. Everyone bought some products. Then we walked across the street to the nut factory. The bus was become more loaded with each stop we made. Luckily, I kept tabs on what I brought so I could find it when we arrived home.






We took a few country roads on the way home. For afternoon tea, we stopped at an old wooden bridge at Miva. First, we went across in the bus, had our cup of tea, then some of us decided to walk across the bridge.

Once, a long time back, trains, and cars, crossed the same bridge. At some stage the railway line was moved, cutting out country towns. So all the branch lines were no longer in use. Which was sad. The country people, the backbone of the nation, were forgotten in the eyes of the hungry, city controllers, of the money. Profits were put before those who had built the country. The bridge is still used by the farmers, and adventurous visitors.










I had not long stepped from the bus with all my luggage, when the Magpies landed at my feet wanting to be given some mince. Their singing alerted the rest of the birds. I had birds at the front, and back, calling for food, like I'd been away more than a week. I'd only been away for two days. And I'd left some out for them. Not my fault if they ate the lot in one sitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment