Popular Posts

Monday, April 15, 2013

Fingers to the Bone






I worked my fingers to the bone
'till tears did flow,
my cheeks were dry
but there was a flood inside.

I worked my fingers to the bone
day, and night, but never did you see,
the way you hurt me in every way
love dies when not nurtured.

I worked my fingers to the bone
I was blinded to your cruel ways,
but now, I can see you weren't for me
tears no longer flow, seeping into my heart.


Don't work my fingers to the bone
I have time to smell the roses,
gaze at the moon, and stars,
watch the sun rise on a new day.

I found a new worthy path
don't have to work my fingers to the bone,
freedom leads my path to righteousness
my love abounds, tears don't flow.

Angels light up my life
guardians guide my way,
love doesn't have to be earned
Jesus walks beside me.





No comments:

Post a Comment